College Search 101 for Vassar FamiliesOffered by the Office of Alumnae/i Affairs and Development in association with the Office of Admissions, College Search 101 is designed to familiarize Vassar alumnae/i parents and their high school juniors with the college admission process. This two-day program provides valuable, general information to your family as your college search process begins.
Here are some of the program highlights registered participants may expect over the two-day session:
- Meet with Vassar College admissions professionals who will share advice about what to look for in a college, and where to start.
- Take a typical admissions tour of Vassar campus with an eye toward what to look for when visiting colleges.
- Serve on a mock admissions committee for a better understanding of the complexities of the process.
- Attend valuable information sessions on financial aid and/or college athletics.
- High school juniors will meet with current Vassar students for an open discussion about college life.
- Registered high school juniors may attend a Vassar College class.
Due to space limitations and our desire to accommodate the most appropriate audience, participation in program activities is limited to the alumna/us and their high school junior, and one additional adult guest.
This program is a seminar on the general college search process, and is designed specifically for high school juniors. It is not about admission to Vassar. The program is neither a feeder program for Vassar, nor does participation in this program influence the admission process at the college.
Please stay tuned for an update re: Fall 2019 offerings in late spring/early summer.