College Search 101 for Vassar Families
Offered by the Office of Alumnae/i Affairs and Development in association with the Office of Admission, College Search 101 is designed to familiarize Vassar alumnae/i parents and their high school juniors with the college admission process. This two-day program provides valuable, general information to your family as your college search process begins.
Here are some of the program highlights registered participants may expect over the two-day session:
- Meet with Vassar College admissions professionals who will share advice about what to look for in a college, and where to start.
- Take a typical admissions tour of Vassar campus with an eye toward what to look for when visiting colleges.
- Participate on a mock admissions committee for a better understanding of the complexities of the process.
- Attend valuable information sessions on financial aid and/or college athletics.
- High school juniors will meet with current Vassar students for an open discussion about college life.
- Registered high school juniors may attend a Vassar College class.
Due to space limitations and our desire to accommodate the most appropriate audience, participation in program activities is limited to the alumna/us and their high school junior, and one additional adult guest.
This program provides a broad overview into the college search process from an insider's perspective. It is not about admission to Vassar; the program is neither a feeder program nor does participation influence admission decisions at the college.
College Search 101 will be offered for only one session – November 24 and 25, 2019. Registration has closed; this event is full.