Skip to site navigationMenu

News

AAVC Corner

Dear Fellow Alums,

Over the past several months, we have all been faced with circumstances that were unexpected and unsettling, which have had a profound impact on us--personally, professionally, and financially. 

And yet, in spite of those challenges, you came through for Vassar, as we not only met our $9.7 million goal for the Vassar Fund in FY20, but exceeded it. As President of the Alumnae/i Association, I could not be more grateful, or more proud.

I am well aware that there are many organizations worthy of your philanthropic support at this time, Your gifts are enabling the College to navigate through one of the most difficult times in its nearly 160-year history, ensuring that our students continue to have access to this extraordinary undergraduate experience, and to become change agents in the world.  Now, more than ever, Vassar will be relying on us to stay strong, and I hope that many more of you will join in supporting this important work.

Many special thanks are due to the Annual Giving team and especially to all of the Fund volunteers who worked tirelessly on behalf of their classes to help achieve this goal.  We couldn’t do it without you!

Go Brewers!

Steve Hankins ’85, P’13, ‘17

AAVC President 

Posted by Office of Communications Thursday, June 11, 2020