Skip to site navigationMenu

News

AAVC Corner

A New Way to Connect

Vassar alums–their examples led me to apply to Vassar. The alum network was indispensable for work, study, career advice, and good old-fashioned job opportunities after I arrived at Vassar. And that network helps me to this day. I prize the mentor relationships I’ve forged with professors and other alums and I frequently rely on the go-to network I have established with classmates and other Vassar parents.

That’s why I’m so excited about the launch of VassarNet—the college’s new online mentoring and networking platform designed to facilitate connections and community.

VassarNet was launched at the end of August and the response has been robust. As of this week, more than 1,600 users have signed up—among them more than 1,300 alums ready to help students and fellow alums in whatever ways they can. And that number is growing daily. It’s an international bunch, too; users reside in every corner of the world—from Iceland to Cambodia to the U.K.

VassarNet is a powerful benefit offered at no cost exclusively to members of the Vassar community. It’s different than LinkedIn in that it provides customized mentoring options and Vassar-specific interest group discussions that enable students, alums, and other Vassar community members to share expertise in a more focused way.

You can use VassarNet to:

• Build your network within the Vassar community based on shared interests and affinities.
  • Advance your career and professional goals with assistance from Vassar community members.
  • Mentor and advise current students, recent graduates, and other Vassar alumnae/i who can benefit from your expertise.
  • Reconnect with fellow graduates and engage with Vassar.
  • Explore job and internship opportunities posted by Vassar community members. Since VassarNet’s launch, users have already posted jobs spanning 20 fields, and there’s more to come!

If you haven’t already done so, take a few moments to sign-up for VassarNet … and start connecting!

Vassar Always,

Stephen Hankins ’85, P’13, ’17
President, Alumnae/i Association of Vassar College (AAVC)

Posted by Office of Communications Wednesday, September 11, 2019