Go to navigation (press enter key)Menu

News

First Event for Revitalized VC Club of France

Leaders of the newly revitalized Vassar Club of France, Joshua Grainsky ’79 and Christian Holthausen ’96, speak with Peter Saisselin '83.

Vassar alumnae/i, parents, and students abroad recently took part in a joint Vassar-Wesleyan Paris Program event that included a panel discussion and networking reception.

It was the first event of the revitalized Vassar Club of France, made possible by the leadership of Christian Holthausen ’96 and Joshua Grainsky ’79 and Vassar's Office of Alumnae/i Engagement. 

JYA students get advice on working and studying in France.

Vassar panelists included Diana Billik '94, partner for International Capital Markets at Allen & Overy; Will Lefferts ’13, Chef de Projets Communication International Corporate at L’Oréal; Marie Volkea Doezema ’00, journalism instructor, Director of Languages, CELSA Sorbonne, and correspondent for U.S. media; and Christian Holthausen '96, Export Sales and International Communications Director for AR LeNoble Champagne, who donated champagne for the event. Tom Parker, Faculty Director of the Vassar-Wesleyan Paris Program and Associate Professor of French at Vassar moderated the panel.

Vassar and Wesleyan alumnae/i and parents were on hand during the networking session to talk to Vassar’s current students about opportunities to work, live, and study in France and other Francophone countries after graduation.

For more information on the Vassar Club of France, contact Christian Holthausen ’96 at alumniengagement@vassar.edu.
Moderator Tom Parker with panelists Will Lefferts ’13, Marie Volkea Doezema ’00, Christian Holthausen '96, and Diana Billik '94. From Wesleyan: Victoria Reppert and Stephanie Blumenstock.

Posted by Office of Communications Tuesday, November 7, 2017