Go to navigation (press enter key)Menu

News

AAVC Corner

Reunion is just around the corner!

We’re expecting more than 1,600 alumnae/i, family members, and friends to join us on campus this weekend.

At the Annual Meeting on Saturday, June 11, AAVC members will vote on a slate of new AAVC Board members and officers as well as amended bylaws.

Curious? Click on the links above to review the proposed changes.

More Networking and Learning in the Vassar Alumnae/i Community—This Time in Boston!

On Monday, May 2, the Vassar Boston business community took part in a program titled “Economic and Investment Themes for 2016,” featuring a talk by Dr. Claus te Wildt, Senior Vice President, Capital Markets Strategy for Fidelity Investments. He shared his thoughts on the future of the global economy, the upcoming U.S. election, and his outlook on interest rates. The program, hosted by Chris Shukie ’03 of the Vassar Club of Boston, was held at UBS Financial Services. With the partnership of Caitlin Ly ’10, president of the club, and Vassar’s Office of Alumnae/i Engagement, Shukie wanted to provide a venue and forum for professionals in the Boston area to network with their fellow Vassar grads while also receiving some timely intellectual capital.

As Shukie shared, “The Boston area has a large number of successful Vassar alums, and I feel it is very important for us to connect both socially and professionally.”  

Karen Smythe ’82, AAVC Trustee and Chair of the Career Networking Committee of the AAVC Board, traveled from the Hudson Valley to attend the event. 

“I enjoyed being able to participate in the career networking event in Boston. I made new connections with Vassar alums and appreciated the insights from Dr. Claus te Wildt. 

It was a beautiful location for a gathering. Thanks to Chris Shukie for the location and to Caitlin Ly for the coordination with the Boston Vassar Club.”

-Vassar Club of Boston photo courtesy of Lisa Tessler

Posted by Office of Communications Friday, June 3, 2016