Go to navigation (press enter key)Menu

News

AAVC Board Call For Nominations

Each year the Nominating Committee of the Alumnae and Alumni of Vassar College (AAVC)s elects new members to serve on its Board of Directors as representatives of Vassar's 38,000 living alumnae/i, and on the Nominating Committee. At this time we are accepting nominations for board positions beginning in 2016-17.

The AAVC Board is a diverse 22 member group representing the greater alumnae/i body’s demographics, with consideration given to class year, gender, geography, ethnicity, profession, and other factors. Each AAVC Board Member helps lead the alumnae/i in advancing the interests of the College.

Should you wish to nominate someone, please reference the candidate’s volunteer work and relationship to Vassar with a description of his or her unique qualifications for this role. Nominations should be submitted by Monday, January 25, 2016 to Lisa Tessler, Associate Vice President for Alumnae/i Engagement and Executive Director of the AAVC, at litessler@vassar.edu.

There are numerous ways to volunteer for Vassar, whether on the AAVC Board, an AAVC Committee, or in other capacities. Please stay tuned for future communications from the AAVC about additional roles that may be of interest.

—The AAVC Nominating Committee

Posted by Office of Communications Wednesday, December 9, 2015