Go to navigation (press enter key)Menu

News

Full House for Reunion 2014!

This year, nearly 2,000 alumnae/i from Vassar classes ending in 4s and 9s (and ’48, which celebrates with ’49) and their family and friends returned to campus. The Class of 1964 came back for its 50th Landmark Reunion. Participants enjoyed special gatherings, musical performances, dancing, lectures, discussions, Art Center tours, academic department displays, film screenings, and more.

Alumnae/i who returned ranged from the Class of 1934 to the Class of 2009 and included two celebrities—Anne Hathaway ’04 (Les Misérables, the movie, and The Princess Diaries) and Tanya Wright ’89 (Orange Is the New Black and True Blood). But Louise Hosford Kimberland ’34, who alone represented the most “senior” Vassar class at Reunion, seemed almost as popular. Younger alumnae/i admired her determination to attend and couldn’t wait to take photos with her.

Alumnae/i marched and rode in the annual parade through campus, meeting finally at the Athletics and Fitness Center for a rousing Celebration of Gifts. This year, Reunion classes raised upwards of $14 million for their alma mater!

During Reunion, the Alumnae and Alumni of Vassar College (AAVC) honored key volunteers with a breakfast before the parade and bestowed the Spirit of Vassar Award upon Leah Johnson Wilcox ’69, whose volunteerism began at Vassar and continues to this day. (Read more about the honoree.)

Photo: ©Vassar College/ Buck Lewis // Enews homepage, ©Vassar College/ Karl Rabe

Posted by Office of Communications Wednesday, July 9, 2014