Go to navigation (press enter key)Menu

News

Reunion 2013: A Celebration among Friends!

Even kiddies got into the fun of donning the Class of 1988’s parade favors. Watch a slideshow of Reunion 2013 events.

More than 1,500 alumnae/i from the classes ending in 3s and 8s attended Reunion this year. There were around 1,800 attendees in all, counting children and guests. Class years spanned from 1938 (the 75th Reunion class) through 2008 (the 5th)!

While on campus, alumnae/i had the opportunity to sample many “Vassar delights”—from campus and farm tours to curator talks at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, from Alumnae/i College classes taught by Vassar faculty and emeritae/i to Vassar Devils on the Quad. But most of all, they had time to catch up with old friends.

1963 was this year’s special 50th Reunion class. “Hats off” to them!

After a festive parade to Vassar’s Athletics and Fitness Center, Reunion-goers cheered as each class announced its Reunion Class Gift. Total gifts and pledges amounted to more than $14 million. The funds will go to support the Annual Fund, which provides crucial unrestricted support for Vassar’s operations, as well as designated projects. 

Outstanding Service to Vassar honoree Judy Lewittes ’63, center, with AAVC President Geraldine Laybourne ’69, President Catharine Hill, and AAVC Awards Committee Chair Karen Dowd ’84.

This year, the many alumnae/i who volunteer to make Reunion the best it can be were recognized at a special Reunion Volunteer Breakfast on Saturday morning before the parade. During the event, the Alumnae and Alumni of Vassar College (AAVC) bestowed the Outstanding Service to Vassar Award upon Judith “Judy” Lewittes ’63, who served the college in both professional and volunteer capacities. As a fund raising professional, she served under three Vassar presidents—first as director of the college’s inaugural annual fund, then as executive director of development, and later as vice president for development. In addition to serving as a devoted class volunteer, Lewittes has served two terms on the AAVC board (one as an AAVC Trustee), as a member of the Friends of the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center board, and as an active member of the Vassar 150: World Changing campaign.

Watch the slideshow above and see for yourself what a celebration Reunion 2013 was!

Photos: (c) Vassar College-Stockton Photo

Posted by Office of Communications Friday, June 14, 2013