Alumnae/i Association of Vassar College (AAVC)
Board of Directors
The AAVC Board of Directors is a group of dedicated volunteers that serves the college and its almost 40,000 alumnae/i at the highest level. The Board manages the affairs of the AAVC, working closely with the college's Associate Vice President for Alumnae/i Engagement and Executive Director of the AAVC, and meets regularly on campus in October, February, and in June at Reunion. Most of the Board’s work, however, is accomplished by hard-working ad hoc and standing committees comprised of directors, volunteers, observers, and staff liaisons.
Current standing committees are devoted to these AAVC priorities: Alumnae House, Alumnae/i Recognition, Career Networking, Clubs, Communications, Nominations and Governance, and the Vassar Fund. The Board regularly examines programming and policy to ensure that the AAVC meets the varied needs of its diverse, worldwide constituents and advances the interests and mission of Vassar in relevant and substantive ways. Six AAVC directors also serve as Vassar College trustees. Additionally, observers from the AAAVC and the college student leadership attend the AAVC board and committee meetings.
The Board recently revisited its bylaws as well as the roles and duties of its directors and officers. Nominations to the Board are sought throughout the year with elections occurring in June, at Reunion. The board encourages nominations of individuals who have high levels of professional achievement as well as experience serving the college, and who reflect the diverse backgrounds of our almost 40,000 constituents.
- AAVC President and AAVC TrusteeStephen Hankins ’85, P’13, ’17, CaliforniaTerm of Service: 2018–2022
- Vice President for Strategic Planning and Ad Hoc Class Structure Renovation Committee ChairDeborah Macfarlan Enright ’82, Tennessee Term of Service: 2016–2020
- AAVC Trustee and Vice President for OperationsBrian Farkas ’10, New York Term of Service: 2018–2022
- AAVC Trustee and Alumnae/i Recognition Committee ChairSharon Davidson Chang ’84, P’19, New York Term of Service: 2017–2021
- AAVC Trustee and Career Networking Committee ChairNatalie Nixon ’91, Pennsylvania Term of Service: 2019–2023
- AAVC Trustee and Communications Advisory Committee MemberTanya M. Odom ’92, New York Term of Service: 2016–2020
- Communications Advisory Committee ChairLisa Denby ’87, New York Term of Service: 2017–2021
- Vassar Fund Committee ChairStephanie Hyacinth ’84, New York Term of Service: 2018–2022
- Clubs Committee ChairAlan Neuhauser ’09, Washington, D.C. Term of Service: 2018–2022
- Alumnae House Committee Chair and Career Networking Committee MemberDonna M. Parisi ’89, New York Term of Service: 2016–2020
- Ad Hoc Student Engagement Committee Chair and Ad Hoc Class Structure Renovation Committee MemberJulianna Maria Simon ’11, California Term of Service: 2017–2021
- Nominating and Governance Committee Chair and Alumnae/i Recognition Committee MemberMonica Vachher ’77, Pennsylvania Term of Service: 2016–2020
- Nominating and Governance Committee Member and Alumnae/i Recognition Committee MemberSara Moody Allen ’64, Pennsylvania Term of Service: 2016–2020
- Alumnae/i Recognition Committee Member and Vassar Fund Committee MemberErnest Ceberio ’94, New Jersey Term of Service: 2017–2021
- Nominating and Governance Committee Member and Career Networking Committee MemberTyrone Forman ’92, Illinois Term of Service: 2018–2022
- Communications Advisory Committee Member and Nominating and Governance Committee MemberAnne Green ’93, New York Term of Service: 2018–2022
- Alumnae/i Recognition Committee Member and Career Networking Committee MemberSeiji Hayashi ’91, Maryland Term of Service: 2019–2023
- Communications Advisory Committee MemberJustin Hergianto ’04, New York Term of Service: 2019–2023
- Nominating and Governance Committee Memberand Ad Hoc Student Engagement Committee MemberDelia Cheung Hom ’00, Massachusetts Term of Service: 2018–2022
- Nominating and Governance Committee Member and Career Networking Committee MemberKen Wong ’07, New York Term of Service: 2018–2022
About the AAVC
Founded in 1871 and governed by an independent board of directors, the Alumnae/i Association of Vassar College (AAVC) is a not-for-profit organization. Its mission is to lead the almost 40,000 Vassar alumnae/i in connecting with each other and with our college. We celebrate the shared Vassar experiences that bring us together, and we strive to make a difference for our college and for each other.
AAVC connects the almost 40,000 Vassar alumnae/i worldwide with each other and the college through classes, clubs, and affiliate groups; reunions, mini-reunions, awards, and travel programs; online and print publications; and regional, on-campus, and young alumnae/i events.
Vassar, the Alumnae/i Quarterly, is distributed to alumnae/i, faculty, and administrators. Issues are published in fall, winter, and spring/summer.
AAVC advises on the use of Alumnae House as a welcoming on-campus home for alumnae/i and gathering place for students. The House was given to the college by two alumnae in 1924. Its Tudor-style architecture and gracious atmosphere make it a pleasant gathering place for alumnae/i, faculty, students, administrators, staff, and visitors to the campus.
The AAVC executive director manages the affairs of the association in accordance with its bylaws determined by the board of directors. The association takes its direction from the almost 40,000-member constituency whose volunteer leadership, perspective, and energy help guide and support the college. Once their class graduates, all matriculated students of the college are considered members of AAVC with voting privileges. AAVC does not charge membership dues.