Vassar Alumnae/i Sons and Daughters Program
The thirteenth annual Vassar College Sons and Daughters Program will be held in November 2013. Participants have the choice of one of two sessions being offered:
Session 1: Sunday and Monday, November 3 and 4, 2013
Session 2: Sunday and Monday, November 17 and 18, 2013
Offered by the Office of Alumnae/i Affairs and Development in association with the Office of Admissions, our Sons & Daughters program is designed to familiarize Vassar alum parents and their high school juniors with the college admission process and provides valuable, general information to your family as the college search process begins.
Here are some of the program highlights registered participants may expect over the two-day session:
- Meet with Vassar College admissions professionals who will share advice about what to look for in a college, and where to start.
- Take an abbreviated campus tour with an eye toward what to look for when visiting colleges.
- To have a better understanding of the complexities of the process, guests will serve on a mock admissions committee.
- Attend valuable information sessions on financial aid and college athletics.
- High school juniors will meet with current Vassar students for an open discussion about college life.
- On Monday morning, high school juniors will be able to sit in on a Vassar College course in session.
IMPORTANT: Due to space limitations and our desire to accommodate the most appropriate audience, only an alumna/us parent with a current high school junior may register. Participation in program activities is limited to the alumna/us, their high school junior and one additional adult guest.
Online registration will open late August.
PLEASE NOTE: The Sons and Daughters program is not a feeder program for Vassar, nor does participation in this program influence the admission process at the college.
If you are a member of a class from 1972 to 2001 and we have a valid email on file, you will automatically receive registration information about the 2013 program for you and your high school junior via email late August. To confirm your contact information, log in to the Vassar online community or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a member of a class outside the specified range, or would like more information on the program, please email David Ringwood in the office of Alumnae/i Affairs.